I paint silk, throw pots and collage poetry books & cards in my enchanted adobe studio in Pilar, New Mexico.

At the Sacred Heart Cafe, I make art to feed the hungry heart. Open all night, a warm place to wander and browse, savor and enjoy.

Thursday, August 14, 2008

Custom Wedding Silks


Today I finished a gorgeous custom wedding silk banner for Linda and Joyce. They have been partners for 35 years and will be getting married at the end of the month. Best wishes fly to them! Here is a photo of their custom silk, with a quote from Martin Luther King. Size is 44" wide x 36" tall.

3 comments:

artartart Things That Inspire Me said...

Great Job! What size is the finished chuppah cover?
please email me asap! thanks

artartart Things That Inspire Me said...

What size is the finished silk for the chuppah? How many people will be under the chuppah? thanks! I am trying to make one for my daughter now!
please respond asap.

PattyMara Gourley said...

Thanks for commenting on my chuppah. The size for that one ended up being about five feet square. It was held up by four long bamboo poles, carried in by four people, who stood during the wedding to hold it up. Underneath it, the wedding couple and the rabbi.

Best wishes for your daughter!
What are you making hers from?

PattyMara's Sacred Heart Cafe's Fan Box

Micaceous Clay Pottery from DolphinSmile Studio

Micaceous Clay Pottery from DolphinSmile Studio
click on the photo to go to my online shop for mica clay cups, bowls, Sacred Hearts and jewelry

The Value of Play in Creativity

"The creation of something new is not accomplished by the intellect but by the play instinct acting from inner necessity. The creative mind plays with the objects it loves."

C. G. Jung